Saturday, March 29, 2008

Updating

I wanted to post tonight, not that I have any news.. just some thoughts.

Well our agency has sent an email stating some figures... I will not accept these figures. I understand that the world needs to be paid for a job, but what if you did not finish that job. My feelings in this is that when we began we were headed to China and they wanted a small amount of money, with the first reject and the turn to Taiwan they asked for a very large amount of money. We did not hesitate to provide them with what they asked for as they assured us that we wouldn't have any problems in Taiwan... but now we are told that we are completely rejected from Taiwan and it is going to cost in the thousands of dollars? I am really praying that they do the right thing.

Second is I went to the "rules" for China, I know I am punishing myself, but it seems Jay's and my "problem" is just that we haven't been married for five years. We would have to wait two more years to apply to China again. We qualify really under every other reason.

I have been on the phone with another agency in Taiwan.. Taiwan works different than China.. through individual orphanages instead of a central government agency.. and we are going to look into one more Taiwan orphanage. A final hope.

And lastly, something we can not act on until after the big date in September- more to this story- but there is Vietnam. Were we qualify 100%!
Vietnam has some sort of a deadline with the US. A few years back the US closed the doors to Vietnam and would not let parents adopt from that country. They had to clean up their acts or something.. so in September either they program will remain open and we can apply or close and we have no hope!
The "more to this story" is I should have just gone there in the first place. I started all this last August. I could be home with my child now. But I was so afraid of spending the extra money as Vietnam because it is more expensive.. yet now with what is happeneing to our adoption money from this first agency.. what was the difference!
I am getting upset!

Well I put two boxes of Chocolates, clothes, toys etc together today and I am mailing it to China and to our daughter of heart. I just pray each night that a family comes along for her or China's rules change and God lets us have her!
I have been told "through the grapevine" we are not to send gifts.. why???? I send boxes of stuff to the orphanage that Ali came from and I have no child there.. so I am sending this stuff to my child that the GOVERNMENT will not let me have!

Thank you all for your love and support!

No comments: