Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy Gotcha Day!! One year!!

It is amazing what adoption can do for a person's soul. Many people look at me like I am crazy when I tell them how many bio children I have and that we have adopted and that we want to adopt another but there is always a reason for everything in life and Ali is our reason for life!

I stayed up late last night looking over pictures of the trip to China, the people we met because of adoption and the last year in general...WOW, what a year!! And the best part is there is more to come!
I think the other parents were also looking over photos last night as I got a few emails from some of them with pictures of our adoption day (yep, took us all a year to exchange pictures!) The Chinese Red Thread connecting us together!

I was looking at photos of the girls at the government center when we first walked in, all dressed exactly the same, with their dark hair and olive skin... I just remember how fast it went with eleven babies running around and eleven families trying to get their camera snapping... my mom kept saying, "there she is!!" What a day, what an adventure, what a great kid!!!

She was so fun last night at the Steak House... I didn't feed her a big lunch so the poor thing was starving by the time the food came and she kept up with daddy, bite for bite! Chase even eats good when we go there! Not that Chase doesn't eat good all the time but he loves the steak! Jay said he wishes we could cook the food to taste the same at home!! Me too!

Now for the update on our Wei!... I made her a photo album last night... I am putting it into a box today with her gifts because I KNOW today is going to be our acceptance day!! Marci emailed me late yesterday after I had posted yesterday's blog to say that CCAA has requested a recommendation letter from our agency's director. ASIA was going to email it over to them before closing time yesterday, which would be early morning in China. So that means that while everyone here, except me, slept... our lives were being changed! Marci, said it was good news that they were asking for this!... I know I shouldn't get my hopes up until I am standing in China with her in my arms but this was meant to be!!

I did a page in her photo album with the whole family, then I did a page with the girls bedroom... and I pasted a picture of her and Ali on that page with her new name.. we had originally picked Riley, hence the blog page title.. but we met a girl name Kiley about two weeks ago.. and decided we like Kiley better as a girls name and it sounds nice with Wei's name... so Kiley Wei. And she looks like a Kiley Wei!! As soon as we get our approval I will post her picture for the world to see!!

Please keep praying! We are at the top of the hurdle and we need to make it over!!

Ali and I are off to lunch with Mallory at school!! Mallory didn't want to miss Ali's gotcha day so we promised to come eat yummy school lunch!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am so happy to hear it looks like Wei is your daughter! I will continue to pray and hope you hear the good news soon. Amazing how both our journeys have taken some tangles, but both ended up back in China. My best wishes to you!