Wednesday, March 19, 2008

No news yet

Today I was going to throw in the towel. I have been hearing bad news from families that applied to CCAA that don't qualify under the new guidelines.. we are one of them and CCAA sticks to their guns. I know they have to make rules, they have to stick by the rules or there is no system in place... but what is that old saying?... Rules are made to be broken or There is always an exception to every rule?
Scroll down and look at this child face, does she not just look like she should call me mom and Jay, dad. But I got up on the ugly side of my bed today (on top of the fact that I am cramming on my license and waited till the last minute to get my hours in) and said, "enough is enough.." I have a box of fun stuff that I have been waiting and waiting to mail to her.. I want to make plans.. whether it be going to get her or not.. I need to know what my life and where my life is going.
As those of you in this adoption circle know, it is hard to get on with your life when you are waiting. You can't sell your house, you hate to start a new job that you will have to say, "oh, by the way sometime in the near future I need about six months off." Do you buy new furniture or stick it in your adoption fund, are we going or are we staying.. the head is spinning!
But I got upset. And I emailed my agency... Thank you God for hooking me up with Marci. She is so patience with me! I emailed her and said that I am done, what is our next plan of action because waiting on China is not going good... and she calmed me down...
And our social worker came over today for Ali's one year post placement and we talked and she said the same thing.. You have to hold on! Your agency is doing a great job for you and CCAA is looking over your file again.. This is GREAT NEWS!
So we are waiting, still. They are going to send a fax to CCAA tonight to find out if we are any closer to an answer.
Maybe this is my brick wall talking.. because last time it took CCAA so long, I got my hopes really really high that they were going to say YES.. so this time, I am not finding "time on my side" or the "longer we wait the better" the outcome!
LOOK AT THAT CHILD'S FACE!! She should have been out eating pizza with us tonight instead of being put to bed by a nannie!
Sorry, I am having a pity party!
Just a little while longer and we should have an answer.

No comments: