Monday, March 3, 2008

Still Waiting

Monday: It is hard to make a blog that wants to talk about the excitement of your weekend...Ali's birthday that was a ton of fun while also trying to hide the disappointment of not hearing anything today. It is far to late in the day for CCAA to contact ASIA... so we won't hear anything. Tomorrow would be our Gotcha Day for Ali except that it is leap year so we have to "have" her one extra day to official hit our Gotcha Day... so now what I am praying is that Marci calls me Wednesday to say Wei is ours... that would be the icing on the cake!!!!
Ali's official Gotcha Day 03/05/07 and our official approval day for Wei's adoption the same date one year later... tell me that wouldn't be the best!!!

Tuesday: It has taken me all night to get this posted so it is now actually Tuesday.. and it is now noon... my stomach is in knots... I am not sure if I want the phone to ring or not to ring... no news is still hope!....and all I can do is hope that humanity is out there somewhere! I promised Marci yesterday that I wouldn't bother her again until she called me, she thought that maybe with the woman being out a few days last week at CCAA that she was just overly busy. I know that there are a million babies needing a home...but she just needs to pull on the file of one Zhang Wei and mark APPROVED on it!!

We are going out to the Japanese Steak house tonight to celebrate Ali's one year with our family-HER FAMILY!... it has flown by! She is the same kid but not... her personality on the Gotcha Day one year ago is still there... she loves to look at herself in the mirror, very demanding, loves to smile at the camera but she is now very lovable, touchable and will give and receive kisses! She rules the house and loves popcorn and pizza!... well food in general!! LOL
It has been a great year with this child. I still feel that Ali was meant to be my child and that God just put her in the wrong mom's belly!

Now let's get Wei home and call this family COMPLETE!!!

No comments: