Friday, February 1, 2008

Fund Raisers To Begin

Moya, the moderator and woman that runs Dianjiang Kids International, www.dianjiangkids.org has asked me to help with the website. I have no idea what I am doing computer wise but flyers, banners anything like that is my cup of tea... so with the help of my brother I am learning a new project, writing web pages! This should be fun. So I am emailing Moya till she is blue in the face with "give me more to do, give me more to do!!" and she asks me if I am bored. HECK YEA I AM... I have finished yet another paper chasing Dossier period in my life and EVERYTHING has come to a halt... I am driving myself up walls!

So I decided tonight it is time for the all mighty fundraising and grant search for this adoption. I never thought I would need help but as we all know the real estate market is sooooo bad right now and everything in my world of making money has come to the same halt as my paper chasing dossier days!

So with my girlfriend, Angie, who is also waiting on her referral from China- logged in October 2006 and has a long wait ahead we are going to do some fundraisers to help offset a second adoption in 18 months.

For those of you who know me, I did a huge fundraiser for Dianjiang Kids International at Christmas called The Santa Bus... those who went LOVED it and those who didn't go realized, they missed the best night out ever! So to take this to the next step, Angie and I are arranging A Bunny Hop. Yes, that is what I said!! LOL
We are going to hold this event on May 8, 2008 starting at 5:00 PM at Sun on the Beach, in Kissimmee, Florida.

Now that I am learning to write websites, I am hoping to get my HOP on line in the next few weeks... so please watch for this website!!

We are also going to do a huge Neighborhood Garage Sale, ALL DONATIONS ARE WELCOME, on March 11 and 12, 2008.. starting at 7 AM... yep that is right... Angie says 7 AM!!

And then we have two car washes planned in the next few months.. hoping to use the A&W on 192 in Kissimmee... more to come on that one!

If nothing else, we are going to have a good time, and that is what family and adoption is all about!!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Hey there,

I am a DJ mom too ~ just brought my Rachael home !

I have fundraised for all three of Chinese children and wanted to share some thoughts with you !

Best fundraisers were :

spaghetti dinner and silent auction

magazine fundraiser online, do a search for it on internet ( you make 40% of sales and all you do is advertise on your blog or email it to folks to buy)

www.popcornpalace.com ~ made $1000 in 2 weeks one time, and $500 second time.

Email me if you like for any tips !

Charlotte and crew
raeghansmom@yahoo.com
www.charlottes4angels.blogspot.com