Monday, February 25, 2008

Sad News/ Happy News...my head is spinning!

I called Angie.... I had to tell someone. Sometimes keeping things in creates bad vibes and today I need the good ones. But Angie said I couldn't tell everyone that I had to keep it low key until we find out...as to not "stir the pot" And I also emailed three women that I love to talk to about adoption Patty, Vanessa and April. All mom's with China Children like me so they totally understand all of this craziness!! So that all four of my friends that understand me and international adoption could say a deep prayer for me tonight!

Yep, I knew last week what was happening but I didn't want to stir that pot either and I was keeping quiet... but when I started seeing families from my Taiwan groups dropping out because they were told their families were too large I knew what was coming... Marci at ASIA did not say my family was too large she said that 22 years ago, when a jerk guy that my girlfriend was dating started a fight with her and called his roommate for "backup" and I called the police, and he came at me and went to swing at me and I caught his hand in my teeth...and I was arrested and taken to jail and went in front of a judge who was almost laughing about the whole thing... and he fined me $200 dollars and it was over- that THAT is why Taiwan turned my family down for a child!! That was 22 YEARS AGO!! But because of that Taiwan felt we weren't a good family. But...

YEP THERE IS A BUT TO THIS STORY!!... because all weekend long I knew this was coming and all weekend long I searched the Internet for a country that wanted a 40 something woman who had an arrest record 22 years ago for biting a guy with five kids and a great husband ... and there aren't many countries that would take a woman in my position.... but......

In the first breath before Marci told me about Taiwan she also told me that Wei's file was going back to CCAA... that no family had come forth for her and that ASIA's woman in China actually went to CCAA and spoke to the woman in charge and told her that they didn't find a family that fit all the new rules but they did have a family that wanted Wei and that the England/Elliott family still wants Wei... and the director said she was going to review our file again... and that we still have a chance for the child we always felt was the right child for us!! I couldn't breath when Marci told me this.. I am still not breathing!!
Every day for the last three months I would tell Jay that it was so unfair that we wanted her and that she was meant for us and he would tell me there was nothing I could do about it that CCAA said no. And every day I would tell Jay that I will never give up hope that China would change their rules and that Wei would still be there for us when the rules changed and I was going to get her.

Now can I make it through the next 48 hours waiting on the call.. will CCAA make the one exception for a family that loves with all their hearts a little child we have never met but fell in love with because of her beautiful eyes??
Now I know God is watching over me!

I am not sure who reads my blog as I don't really push it on people, it is just there for me to vent and brag and pour my heart out... but tonight and tomorrow night if you are out there and you read this... please put my family in your prayers, please put Wei in your prayers that CCAA finds it in their hearts to let her join our family!!

No comments: