Sunday, January 27, 2008

Paper Chase Officially Done!!

I sent Mallory out to the mailbox tonight... it is Sunday but I have been so sick all weekend that I didn't care what was in the mail yesterday...and it is official... we have a 171-H!! This time it came with Jay as my husband and we are approved to adopt from TAIWAN!! I am so excited. Now we just have to sit back and wait for a match on the other end!

Earlier tonight Jay was watching the video of our Gotcha Day with Ali... and he cried. It is so emotional, this whole experience. Christopher, number one son, came over today and started in on me again about why are we adopting another child (he has the first child, most spoiled syndrome) and he stared talking like my mother "Jay is only doing this because you want him to mom"... thank goodness Jay stepped in and told Christopher what I have been telling my mom all along... Jay is adopting because Jay wants to adopt and Jay and Ginnie are a team and the decision was made as a team.
I hear this from so many couples that are in the process of adopting that they get tired of the opinions from their families. We all tip toe on egg shells for our parents.

I called my dad the day we sent our request off for the adoption in China and because I wanted to scream from the roof tops of every building in the world with my excitement I felt I just had to tell someone! My conversation started as this, "Dad, you know I have done things in my life that you don't approve of but always in the end it works out and everything is wonderful, right?" and he says, "Yes?" and I say, "I want to say something and I want a positive response from you, okay?" and he says, "Okay"... "Jay and I just applied to adopt another baby!!!" I won't write what he said...but it wasn't positive or reinforcing....why?
Sitting there that night I cried and though I have the most un-supportive family ever... but I talk to other families and other woman and I am not alone.
Mallory told me she is adopting five kids and guess what.. I am going to be there as the best, most supportive grandma in the world when the time comes!! At least my daughters understand this!

Watch out Taiwan here we come!! Now it is time for the fund raiser!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi Ginnie,
I totally get the "parents don't get it" thing-we are 44, with 2 wonderful 9 yr olds, and no one can understand the "need" for any more-but stand strong, persevere, and just leave all their attitudes behind you-there is much to do, and you may as well stay busy and positive.
Hugs
Chris