Friday, March 16, 2007

Going Home

This was it. The day we left to take Ali home to her brothers! Our flight didn't leave until 5:30 PM... dumb mistake on our part as we had the whole day to wait around but not really able to go anywhere. We checked out of the hotel and the bell guys kept our luggage so we could just walk around one last time... and yep we ended up at the Hard Rock Cafe... they were getting sick of us. But this is how we found out that the pepsis were so dang expensive. We sat in the restaurant and had a soda and the baby had some mashed potatos and just waited until it was time to head to the bus.

The bus ride to the airport took us past all the beauty that Hong Kong has to offer and made us wish we had a few more days to adventure this beautiful country, but we were glad to be headed home.

Through customs, checking the bags, pain in the butt and on the plane. We were seated two, two and two. JoAnn and Mallory were sitting at the window and middle seat with a man on the isle. The attendent asked the man next to me to move to another seat to give us the extra space for the baby. That was so nice of her... until we realized that Mallory was sitting next to the human from Hell! He was sloshing down alcohol and popping perscription pills in the first hour. Then he went to sleep at which time JoAnn asked me to hand her the baby... the man started to cuss and slam his book. He was cussing at the Chinese mom in front of him that had a baby that cried. I got up to complain to the other attendent who did NOTHING... that was United Airlines...so avoid flying with them if you want a safe trip! She said it was a full plane and there was nothing she could do!... I told her if he yelled one more time I was going to get Nasty... but she never even went over to him. Poor Mallory had to sit next to him.

Then we landed in Chicago. The nice flight attendent announced over the speaker "it is now 6:35 PM Central time and we would like to welcome our three new American Citizens to the United States!" She became legal!! It was so great!
We did the good old customs thing... going through all the bags...what a headache... I did lose my temper about now. I said I could tell we were back in the USA with the rude people but I can't say I wasn't glad to be home!

One more flight and we were there. Our flight left Chicago at 9:15 PM and landed in Orlando at 12:30! My brother was there to get us. He snuck up behind us as we were headed down to the luggage. Ali went right to him. She isn't afraid of anyone!! YOu should have seen the truck with all our bags. We left with Six bags and came home with nine suitcases and two carry-ons each! I didn't think we would fit!

Our homecoming was GREAT! My dad and his wife, Brenda were here at the house with Chris and Chase. They had it all decorated for the new baby along with gifts!!

We both ran right into see Chase. HE LOOKED SO GROWN UP!! We had only been away for 16 days but my baby boy got HUGE!!

No comments: