Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More Good News!

Well here is the whole scoop!!
He is ours!! It is four in the morning here and four in the afternoon over in Taiwan. I have been emailing back and forth with the children's home, the social worker for Trenton and the best young woman ever, Wendy!

Wendy was taking care of Trenton when he first was seperated from his birth mom. From August 9, 2007 until March 31, 2008.. this was just after his first birthday.
Then he went to a foster home. Wendy is going to find out if I can have the address to the foster mom so that I can send our first package over.

It is all sinking in slowly. They have asked for our names as we don't have the same last name.. and they want to make sure we are married. They have asked for our Home Study for which our social worker has made all the corrections and will be sending it off to me with in a day or so. They have asked us to send in the required letter for the home that is helping with the paper work on that end.
So not counting the courts, the people we are having contact with is all in favor of our adopting Trenton.

I am not sure how all this works from this point on. I know I was asked for a translated home study... by one party.. but told to send the English home study for translation by the other party!! It is all so confusing!! But exciting and the best news I have had in almost a year!!!

The best part of this story is the fact that we wanted a girl.. and Chase kept saying he wanted a boy. Chase loves the little brothers to Polly one of the babies that came home from China in our travel group that doesn't live far from here.. so he thinks having a little brother like that would be the greatest thing since Sponge Bob! And at first Mallory was upset saying she wanted a girl.. but now!! Everyone is beside themselves with JOY!! And Chase is away on vacation with Grandma.. so it will be a HUGE surprise!!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Ginnie,
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!! This is just fantastic news. I will say a prayer that everything goes smooth and great from here.... A BOY!!!!!!!!! You deserve a break and I feel this is the one....
No wonder I don't see ya on the CY board anymore.... He He... Hands full... Congrats to you and your family. What a blessing...

lifelaughterchaos said...

oh my goodness. i just found your blog. i sat here for about 30 minutes reading your story. wow. i have never heard of someone going through what you have in regards to adoption! i am waiting for a pre-approval from china and your story rocked my boat! however, your perseverance and now your new baby was incredibly encouraging. thanks for sharing your story! i hope mine is not as a crazy though, but i have been encouraged.

Steve n Coco said...

Wow, Ginnie! Look how God is working... I'm praying for all the best for you!
Courtney

Becky said...

Ginnie, I am so excited for you! You kept pressing on, even through very difficult times, and did not give up finding your child! I look forward to seeing your little boy's face! Congratulations!
Becky