Sunday, February 25, 2007

The First Look at Ali!







Until you wear the shoes you can not understand the way it feels the day your referral comes in. I clicked on my email January 3rd to find the monthly subject of the Stork Alert. My daughter Mallory was helping me take the Christmas tree down. The end of the holiday season always seems to be depressing and having to spend yet another holiday without our new addition had really made me sad. I just wanted it to be our turn. So as I clicked this email that day I read, 'The stork has landed. If you have recieved this email we.....' I yelled for Mallory to come to the computer, this was not the usual monthly 'OTHER lucky families'; this was OUR LUCKY FAMILY! Mallory and I finished reading the email at lightening speed and at the same time as we both began to SCREAM!! And then onto the phone with my husband we went!!!The next step as we had learned though our wait and talking to other families was the phone call from the agency. So to ease our excitement Mallory and I went back to our chore of stripping the Christmas tree and going back and forth with every question that we could come up with; what did she look like, how big was she; would she like us; when would we go to get her and then the question of how old was she. Mallory said she would love a Christmas baby but I told her that the babies were usually around ten months old or so I thought. That would make her a February baby. Mallory then commented on the fact that my husband and I had gotten married in February. Maybe she was born on our anniversary.I had to run errands that day and was gone when the house phone rang. It was our agency. Mallory got the phone call. She told them to give me a call on my cell phone for which I had glued to my hand waiting! The other end of the line said, 'Congratulations we have your referral' I said, 'I am so excited, when was she born?' And I started to bawl when I was given the answer; she was born in February, on the 21st- OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! The only other thing she told me was that Ali had hair?!I was told a package would be mailed to me with her referral photos and I should get it in two days. I said to heck with that, scan them and email them to me!!! Jay made me promise that I would wait for him to get home that night. My mom had decided to drive down from Georgia that day and I had to promise to wait for her before opening the email. But the minute Jay walked in the door that night he ran to the computer along with Mallory and myself and we clicked the attachment. I don't think my computer ever worked slower!!And the three of us just stared. Nobody said anything. We talk about it now, really what were we expecting? After about a minute we were all talking at once. She is the most perfect baby and we could not have picked a baby more perfect for our family. She has Amanda's eyes, Christopher's ears, Chase's nose and Mallory's mouth and chin. She really is our baby!And then Grandma showed up. We had to confess we didn't wait for her but we got to reopen that attachment and get the excitment started all over again!!

No comments: