Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day! 2008

Happy Mom's Day to all the mom's with kids, the mom's expecting a kid and the best, the adopted moms of the world!!!

Well I sent our package out yesterday to another agency. Yep, one more try. Call it punishment for such a perfect life- at least I thought is was perfect- just these crazy countries don't find my life to be so perfect!! We found a wonderful agency that is not going to take ANY money from us until they are sure that we can be matched with a child. They have been working with Taiwan for a long time and know who to have do the translations on the home studies, how to ask the social worker to write the home study so that it is correct but not to add useless details that can be badly translated, and other things that just might help.
We are not out anything if it doesn't work.. so that is a great thing.

I also got to talk with a woman that has adopted from Taiwan and now works with Independent adoptions in Taiwan. She gave me some great pointers on a few things to try... so that is also in my plans.

And of course.. I am going to keep praying that China changes the rules and that I can go get Wei. It never hurts to have a plan and a dream in life!

Happy Mom's Day!!

Also if you haven't bought a ticket for the fund raiser.. PLEASE DO!! If you are the winner you can book a cruise, a family vacation, air line tickets.. any thing a travel agent can book and it is a FREE $500!!
The drawing is on the 24th of this month so not much time.. and it can be used anywhere in the world.. you just have to go on line to the agency that is offering the $500 voucher to book. I checked out their prices and they are the same as booking direct!! So it is a good deal!
My sales pitch for the evening.

2 comments:

Don and Be said...

....and to you too, Ginny.

Sam said...

Hi Ginny, Happy Belated Mother's Day to you. I didn't know you had a blog, I can't remember where I saw it but i'm glad I did. I hope things are going well.
Take Care
xoxo from Sherri, Todd and Sam in Punta Gorda
check out our blog if you like
http://gwchinababy.blogspot.com